NOW HIRING: Starting rate $9.00
Become a Non-Emergency Medical Chauffeur.
Have you ever wanted to work/drive and make a difference in someone’s life or an entire community?
Tiger Transit will even reimburse you for your chauffeurs licensing fare on your first paycheck after completing the NEMT training.
We service the Wayne County communities, and are looking for dependable Part and Full Time employees.
Flexible schedules, incentives and bonuses. Individual Insurance after 90 days of Full time employment.
If you have good time management we invite you to apply.
Please call 1-734-464-1376 to schedule and interview. Or stop by the office and fill out an application.
Chauffeurs are required to have the following training current or are willing to be trained in these areas of assistance.
PASS, CPR/First Aid, Wheelchair Securement, Defensive Driving.
- Load the automobile
- Records of pick up and drop offs information on daily basis.
- Records transactions with a customer receipt
- Issues or obtains customer signature on receipt for pickup or drop off
- Listens to and resolves service complaints
- Writes customer order and instructions
- Collects money from customers during Private for Hire transactions
- use technology devices for GPS and time tracking.
- Must be 21 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Some related job experience in NEMT and its required training
- Valid Michigan state chauffeurs license with no suspensions for Non-proof of insurance.
- Interpersonal skills and customer service skills required.
- ASS, and Defensive Driving training is required and will train.
- Responds to requests for service and assistance
- Meets previously set commitments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to actively engage in conversations with clients
- Ability to present oneself as well as the company in a professional manner
- Uses time efficiently and completes work in timely manner
- Observes safety and security procedures
- Adapts to changes in the work environment
- Adapts driving style to current weather conditions
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Regularly required to sit
- Required to lift weights of up to 200 pounds in wheelchair up ADA accessible ramp into a securement position for transportation
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include: close vision, distance vision, ability to adjust or focus
- Exposure to adverse conditions.
- Exposure to outside weather conditions and driving within the conditions of it.
- Positive communicative coworkers.
- Incentives and bonuses.
- Individual insurance package after 90 days full time status.